Kawhagan Island and Sugba Lagoon Tour
One of the most unexpected islands hopping activities we had when we were in Siargao was when we were offered by GotMarked Tours to also visit Kawhagan Island together with the Sugba Lagoon, Magpupungko Rock Pools, Maasin River, and Coconut Road.
All of those destinations in one day and truly one heck of an adventure.
Our first stop was Kawhagan Island, an island with its own sandbar. It boasts its crystal clear waters and white sand sandbar that surely sparkles when the sun is shining bright. If you get here when the sunlight is in its optimal state, you’d be so much excited to step your feet on the sand.
The crystal clear waters also surrounding the island is what makes this island really beautiful. The coast is so much pristine and being a witness to how beautiful it is, words really could describe enough.
We had a few minutes to take photos in the area and one thing I noticed is that Kawhagan Island in a few years could be the next pink island of Siargao. There are residues from red corals making the shore slightly pink in color. I wonder how it looks like during the sunset.
Kawhagan Island is usually an optional add-on to the tour with additional fee so you need to make sure that it is a part of your itinerary to see its real beauty.
The Sugba Lagoon is one of the most sought after destinations for island hopping activity while in Siargao.
This is where you could get to experience the cliff jump that the lagoon is known for. This is also the starting point to get to the big lagoon where Yeng Constantino’s husband got into an accident.
You could do many things in Sugba Lagoon like kayaking, boating, balsa adventure, paddle boarding, snorkeling, cliff jumping (one of the famous activity there) and a whole lot more.
We spent an enormous time in here at least until past 12 pm because cliff jumping was really enjoyable.
You can leave your things at the building in the area while you are enjoying the activities. Mind you though, the other activities that use equipment (like a kayak, balsa, paddleboard, etc) requires payment so bring extra cash if you could.
Of course, as an adventurer I am, I never would want to miss jumping at the 12-foot high ledge and experience getting my ears to get raptured again. Just kidding, of course, I wouldn’t want to get my left ear raptured but it’s the second time it got hurt. The first was when I was practicing for a duck dive in a swimming pool.
After my second jump, my left ear got hurt a bit so I know that’s the last time I will jump for that day. Haha
After spending a great time at Sugba Lagoon, we then headed next to Magpupungko Rock Pools for our lunch (a late lunch).
WHERE TO BOOK YOUR SIARGAO TOURS
Our Siargao getaway wouldn’t become more awesome if not for the team of the tour agency who catered our tours. An awesome weekend awaits especially with GotMarked Tours!
*Just add Php 200 from the published rate below for Kawhagan Island
Travel Tips and Tipid Tips for Siargao
- For flights, to get a cheaper one, always check SkyScanner. Download their app now so you can check for deals every day.
- For food, if you don’t want to spend a lot of cash on food, you can check out local eateries or carinderias. A decent meal could only cost you around Php 30 to Php 50, unlike well-known restaurants where a single meal could go from Php 80 to Php 500.
- Always care for your safety. Check highways left and right before crossing to avoid accidents.
- Wear sunblock or sun protection. We recommend Dermplus SPF 130 for sunblock and a rash guard for total sun protection of your skin.
- Accommodation with pool tends to charge from Php 2000 to Php 10000 a night. If you are not on a honeymoon or are backpackers, you can always opt for a hostel type or dorm accommodation and or homestays.
- Always wear a smile so everything will feel so light and nice.
- Rent a motorbike only if you know that you will be able to use them a lot. Motorbike rental costs Php 500 per day or Php 350 per day if you are renting for three consecutive days or more.
- Make sure to bring a power bank because you definitely will be taking a lot of photos.