Summer will not be complete without going to a place somewhere new. Whilst it’s really so hot in Metro Manila especially this time of the year, CALABARZON has been a great location to unwind with the summer heat. A few weeks ago, we were able to enjoy activities in Laguna, and guess where we did all the fun and activities? Yes, it’s Mountain Lake Resort in Cavinti, Laguna, just a quick 3-4 hours away from Manila. It’s also close to where we stayed previously, Sundang Island.
Mountain Lake Resort
“Where nature meets adventure”. A slogan that is living up to its name, Mountain Lake Resort is where you can find the best of what nature has to offer, and adventures where you can spend a whole day doing fun and totally awesome activities. Located in the mountainous area in Cavinti, Laguna, Mountain Lake Resort is like a hidden paradise.
The resort is nestled beside the Lake Caliraya, overlooking the majestic view of Mount Banahaw in Quezon, Province perfectly blended with nature and adventure with tropical accommodations and fun-filled activities for young ages and young at heart.
What to do in Mountain Lake Resort
If your team or company is looking for a wonderful place to spend and waste energy via fun-filled adventures, this resort will definitely fulfill your ideal getaway.
- Lake Cruise – you will be taking a cruise ride to explore the whole area of Caliraya Lake where you can see various man-made islands, properties, and other resorts in the area.
- Kayaking – Another fun adventure with a buddy or even solo. Take on a ride to go island hopping by yourself.
- Zipline – a short zipline course will help you jumpstart your adrenaline for the other activities. Very fun to do, I actually did this 3 times.
- Hanging Bridge – If you’re a motion sick person, this will help you overcome that fear!
- Biking – Just one nice activity to do when it’s early morning or late afternoon.
- Swan Boat – If you want to paddle with your loved one, then this activity is for you. You can be with friends too!
- ATV Ride – Crash through the terrain and conquer the mud, ATV ride is for those adrenaline junkies looking for great adventure!
- Duck Feeding – Keep yourself occupied while feeding the ducks. It’s a great way to relax and calm your nerves while watching them eat.
- Bubble Soccer – This is really a fun game. You and your opponent have to bump one another to score, you should try it!
- Jetski – If you are feeling like an action star, try out the jet ski and explore nearby manmade islands!
- Banana Boat – One of the crowd favorite! Keep yourselves from being drifted away from the Banana Boat!
- Fishing – An activity that requires a lot of patience. If you want to spend time alone, this is a great activity!
- Kalesa Ride – Feel like you are in ancient times while riding the kalesa!
- Golf – Game of the Riches. You can play golf in Mountain Lake Resort too!
- Astrocamp – Best time to see the stars and gaze at them during the witching hour, 3 am.
- Lake Fishing – Go try lake fishing and cook those you caught!
- Horseback Riding – Great activity when you want to explore the resort.
- Bonfire – Bond with your friends with the marshmallows and hotdogs under the moon.
- Swimming Pool – Too hot for the day? Cooldown while taking a dip at the swimming pool!
- Obstacle Course – Your team building activity buddies will definitely love this! It’s tiring but it releases the competitiveness in you!
Obstacle Courses include:
The video will be posted soon:
- Slide and Drop
- Wall climb and slide
- Tire Challenge
- Cable Balance
- Karate Kid
- Tarzan Swing
- Military Crawl
- Log Crossing
- Horse Back Riding
- Palo Sebo
Eco Obstacle Course:
- Finding Nemo – You will have to use your mind and body in order to catch the fish.
- Release the Fish
- Tree Planting
- Save the Animal (Pig)
- Save the Animal (Bird)
- Kayak Race
Accommodations | Where to stay in Mountain Lake Resort
The resort offers great options for accommodation and they can cater to large groups which are truly perfect when you are after the bonding times with your colleagues. For this trip, we stayed at the Boat House.
The Boat House is an air-conditioned, floating accommodation that lies in the fishing village. It can accommodate up to 4 people and feels like a hotel room.
It comes with a 32 inches Cable TV, a queen-sized bed, a refrigerator and mini bar in-room, hairdryer and slippers, and a balcony. The Boat House has separate outdoor bathroom and toilet with hot and cold shower.
Though it’s a floating accommodation, you wouldn’t feel you are being drifted away from the shore as the rooms are tied to each other and at the other end of the shore. You also won’t be feeling dizzy as the boathouse is stable and only feels like a flat surface.
What I loved also about the room is the air-conditioning. I never thought they would add such an amenity in a floating cottage so it’s definitely a huge plus considering how hot it is outside. The balcony was also huge enough and a great place to relax, sit back and unwind to free yourself from stress and just listen to the chirping of birds and the calm waves of the water around you.
The television is also a great plus to release boredom but there are plenty of activities to be experienced in Mountain Lake Resort for you not to miss out. You may want to bring your own movies though.
As for the mobile reception, there’s an acceptable 3G connection in the area.
Other accommodation options at Mountain Lake Resort:
AMIHAN SMALL COTTAGE (4-6 PAX)
AMIHAN BIG COTTAGE ( 8-10 PAX PER ROOM )
AMIHAN VIP COTTAGE (4-5 PAX)
GLAMPING TENT (TWIN SHARING)
GLAMPING TENT (QUAD SHARING)
Rates and other information are available on their website – CLICK HERE.
HOW TO GET TO MOUNTAIN LAKE RESORT
By Private Vehicle:
Option 1 – Through South Expressway
Take the South Expressway all the way to Calamba Exit. At Calamba Crossing (SM Calamba), turn right. Straight ahead using the highway passing towns of Los Banos, Bay, Vistoria, Pila, Sta Cruz, and Pagsanjan.
After passing the Pagsanjan Archway, you will see a T road at the end of which is a Catholic church. On the T road, turn left to Lumban, then drive for 4 km, then you will see a Y road, take the right. Drive the 6 km ascent, then you will see Caliraya Recreation Center. Approximately 5 kms further, on the left side is the entrance to Caliraya Springs Golf and Mountain Lake Resort.
Option 2 – Through Rizal
From EDSA take Ortigas Avenue and turn right at the first intersection after the Cainta junction towards Taytay. Following the main highway bound for Laguna, pass through the eight municipalities of Rizal. Make a U-turn at Barangay Bagong Silang, Lumban to start ascending to Caliraya Lake.
By Public Transport:
Option 1 – From Cubao
From the Cubao Bus Terminal, take a bus bound for Pagsawitan or Sta. Cruz. This ride will take you about 2-4 hours travel time. Upon reaching Pagsawitan terminal, take a tricycle or a jeepney with the signboard “Lumot”. This ride will go up using Lumban-Caliraya-Cavinti Road, pass by Caliraya Recreational Resort/Caliraya Resort Club, Inc., Lagos Del Sol Resort then after you will see Entrance gate of Caliraya Springs Golf and Mountain Lake Resort.
Option 2 – From Metro Manila Bus Stations
Take a ride at the Sta Cruz-bound bus of HM Transit on EDSA Cubao or Green Star on LRT/Taft Avenue. This ride will take you about 2-3 hours travel time. Upon reaching Pagsawitan terminal, take a tricycle or a jeepney with the signboard “Lumot”. This ride will go up using Lumban-Caliraya-Cavinti Road, pass by Caliraya Recreational Resort/Caliraya Resort Club, Inc., Lagos Del Sol Resort then after you will see Entrance gate of Caliraya Springs Golf and Mountain Lake Resort.
Mountain Lake Resort
Address: Brgy. East Talaongan, Cavinti, Laguna, Philippines 4013
Tel: +632 7230781 local 120 & 121. Direct # 02-257-2244
Fax: +632 7443875
BOOK THRU AGODA
WHAT TO READ NEXT
Bato Springs Resort: Your 700 PHP Summer Getaway
Top 15 Best Beach Resorts in Batangas (2 hours from Manila)
10 Quick Getaways Near Metro Manila You Shouldn’t Miss
Nature’s Eye Resort: A Paradise-worthy Haven in Guimaras