Batangas has been one of the craziest places in the Philippines to have a very diverse marine life in the center of Luzon. It’s been blessed to have rich marine resources from coral reefs to many different species of marine animals and wildlife. No wonder why Batangas has been a go-to place in search for coral reefs, underwater wildlife, and quick getaways. One resort we go to that defines quick getaway and unique experience is the Bus Stop Dive Resort.
Bus Stop Dive Resort is located in San Pablo, Bauan, Batangas and is only about 3-4 hours away from Manila. Before you can get there, you would need to be picked up by a boat as the resort lies in the middle of the marine protected sanctuary in the area.
How to get to Bus Stop Dive Resort
1. From Manila, you can take a bus that heads directly to Bauan in DLTB Bus Terminal station at Buendia. Fare would be about ₱178.00 ($3.34 USD).
2. Drop off at Xentro Mall (last stop) in Bauan and hire a tricycle going to the pick-up point, Summer Cruise. Tricycle fare would be about ₱200.00 ($4 USD) one-way up to 4 people per ride (₱50 per person).
3. A boat will pick you up at the pick-up point (Summer Cruise) and you will travel by boat for about 10 minutes. Make sure you have reserved a room or they know that you are coming so they know when to pick you up. Contact details are at the end of this post.
Stay at Bus Stop Dive Resort
The resort has quite good rooms to stay in and relax at your own comfort. They offer Squad Rooms, Deluxe Rooms, Standard rooms, or tent rentals if you want to commune with nature. There also are fan room (budget friendly) and air-conditioned rooms if you wish for a little luxury.
We stayed in one of their Deluxe Rooms (air-conditioned) where each room is good for 6 to 8 people. Definitely a good way to keep close with your friends and family. But if you want some privacy, you could get their AC rooms or for a cheaper rate, set up a tent.
Shampoos, conditioners, soaps, and towels are provided.
See images below for their rates on accommodation and diving package.
Intro Diving Experience (with School of Jacks)
Since San Pablo Cove is a marine protected sanctuary, it boasts of colorful corals and numerous different underwater marine species. It also sports a school of jacks if you are lucky (which we have been) that can be seen usually in the areas of Visayas and Mindanao. Well, the area where the Bus Stop Dive Resort has it! The school of jacks can be usually spotted around 10 am to 2 pm and is not far away from the shore of the resort.
If you know how to free dive, you’d be able to witness the dance of the school of jacks if luck is on your side. To learn how to free dive, our friend, Valerie, has a workshop to teach you how to swim efficiently underwater. Learn more about free diving at Azul Freediving.
In our group, we are the last people who will perform the dive and we’re lucky to have witnessed the school of jacks on our descend. It was one of the most wonderful things we’ve seen underwater. My girlfriend, Jane, was brought by the diver assistant in the middle of the swimming jacks so it was like she’d been dancing with them all along and she’s the princess of the tribe.
The experience was surreal and the feeling was definitely special! Witnessing the school of jacks is really, I mean really, a great diving experience for newbies.
We were also able to see Angelfish, Clownfish (from the popular movie Finding Nemo), a Sea-Snake (who went to hide on a stone), blue tang fish (Dory from Finding Dory), and plenty more I don’t know the names.
Each dive lasted for about 20 to 30 mins and in a span of those minutes, you’d feel as if you were underwater for only a very short span of time. You’d be asking for more. You’d definitely want to dive more.
If you ever wanted to see the underwater life at a minimal cost, I highly recommend taking the experience with Bus Stop Diving Resort located in San Pablo cove, Bauan, Batangas.
We also highly recommend to dive with your friends! Taking a trip with friends makes the experience more enjoyable, fun, and exciting!
WHAT TO EXPECT AT BUS STOP DIVE RESORT
1. Upon arrival at the resort, you will be offered a cold towel to sooth the hot feeling from the weather. After the dive, you’d be offered a hot towel for relaxation.
2. Coffee and drinking water is provided.
3. They serve food in plates or boodle fight setup.
4. If you’re lucky enough, you’d find the school of jacks or even dolphins near the area.
5. They offer SCUBA lessons at an affordable rate.
6. Sometimes you will be able to interact with the owner himself, Sir Dan.
BUS STOP DIVE RESORT
San Pablo Bauan Batangas 4420
San Pablo Cove ( Binukbok) Anilao-Bauan Batangas
Phone: +63 9175488080
WHAT TO READ NEXT
Top 15 Best Beach Resorts in Batangas (2 hours from Manila)
Manuel Uy Beach Resort, Batangas | Travel Guide | Rates | How to Get There | Itinerary
VISTA DE PUENTE BEACH RESORT, BATANGAS
Punta Verde Resort: A Must Visit in Lobo, Batangas | What to Expect | Travel Guide | Rates