Where will your P500.00 take you?
How to get to Bukal Falls
1. From Cubao, take a bus bound for Sta. Cruz. Fare: P140.00
Travel time – 3 to 4 hours.
2. From Sta. Cruz drop-off area, hire a tricycle going to Public Market and tell the driver to drop you off at the jeepney terminal to Majayjay. Fare: P25.00
3. On the jeepney terminal, tell the driver to drop you off at the tricycle terminal for Bukal Falls. Fare: P35.00
4. Ride another tricycle going to Bukal Falls jump-off point. Fare: P20.00
5. Register at the Brgy. Hall and pay the following:
Environmental Fee: P20.00
Tour Guide fee: P300.00 per 6 pax or P50.00 each
Once you have registered yourself and you already have a tour guide, trekking will then start to the falls. It takes about 30-45 mins to reach Bukal Falls. On your way, you could also encounter stores where you can stop over and drink Coconut Juice or buy water. Make sure to bring a bottle of water as well.
Upon reaching the waterfalls, you will be enchanted by its majestic beauty. It is alluring in a way that you would want to dip in already. The water is cold, very cold that you can even store your drinks. The waterfalls are like 4-8 feet deep and is an easy swim from one side to another.
Things to Note:
1. You may leave your things at the Brgy. Hall and keep the important stuff with you.
2. There’s no electricity at the waterfalls area so you better keep all your gadgets fully charged.
3. Kids are okay but make sure that they are fit for trekking.
4. First trek starts at 5am and closes ends at 5pm. No overnight trips allowed.
5. When trekking, make sure to wear proper trekking shoes to avoid getting slipped.
6. You may bring your own food but keep with you when you’re finished.
7. Leave no trace and keep your trash.
Going back to Manila from Bukal Falls
1. Ride a tricycle and tell the driver to drop you off at the nearest jeepney stop for jeepneys bound for Sta. Cruz. Fare: 18.00
2. Take the jeepney and tell the driver to drop you off at the bus terminal to Manila. Fare: P33.00
3. Take the bus to Manila/Cubao. Fare: P140.00