3 Ideas for a Luxury Winter Vacation Getaway
If you’re like many people, wintertime can be a serious bummer. With the gray skies, hours spent snowed-in, and the sun setting in the late afternoon, it’s no wonder why so many Americans are affected by seasonal affective disorder – sometimes known as seasonal depression.
This winter, don’t succumb to the blues just because of the plunging temperatures. Instead, take some time to treat yourself to a winter vacation getaway. Whether you’re leaning into the spirit of the season with a mountaintop ski retreat, or escaping to warmer weather by heading down to the tropics, you’ll be glad you spent the time away to rest and recharge. Check out these amazing three ideas for a luxury wintertime vacation getaway!
Hit the slopes in Vail, Colorado
If you have a passion for hitting the slopes and crushing some fresh powder, then Vail is the town for you. Tucked away high in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado, Vail offers a retreat that has all the charm and wonder of a Swiss Alpine mountain village, while still bringing that classic Colorado character. The town has everything you need to treat yourself to a luxurious and fun-filled stay:
- Some of the swankiest ski lodges on earth, including the famous The Arrabelle at Vail Square, and The Ritz Carlton Club. Each offer amazing views of the mountains, so you can reminisce fondly about the slopes during your après.
- Fine mountain dining options, like the critically-acclaimed Bistro Fourteen, or the long-time classic Eagles Nest Restaurant.
- Some of the finest slopes in North America, with everything from bunny slopes for the novices to triple black diamonds to seriously test your abilities. Just be sure to bring your women’s snowsuit so you stay warm on the slopes!
If skiing outdoors isn’t exactly your thing, there’s no need to worry. Check out these next two options!
Hit the casinos in glamorous Las Vegas Nevada
Those who fancy a bit of gambling will love what Las Vegas has to offer. With its famed casinos and luxurious hotel resorts, you’ll never run out of options. If the cold is a little too much for you and you’d rather be indoors seeing an amazing show or trying your hand at a little roulette, then Sin City is just the destination for you and your family, or your special someone. While you’re in the cultural capital of the Silver State, be sure that you try out a few of these fun activities:
- Strike gold at the Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino, where you can play the slots, bet on sports, and play traditional betting card games like poker and blackjack! You never even have to brace yourself for the cold if you stay indoors at the casino all day.
- Enjoy has-been celebrities playing their hits over and over by going to one of the many acclaimed shows at the hotels on the Strip!
- See a magic show that will dazzle your senses, and learn to believe again as you watch the amazing spectacle unfold right before your very eyes.
Las Vegas is truly the land of wonder. Whatever your favorite thing to do is, there’s sure to be a hotel, casino, or resort that has the very best version of it ready for your pleasure! However, we know that some of our readers prefer a more laid-back and chill experience when on a winter vacation.
Beach retreat in Kauai
If you’d rather spend your winter holiday with your toes in the sand, a book in your hand, staring at the ocean from land, then Kauai is the destination for you. With some of the most pristine beaches in the USA, and luxury resorts to die for, this destination has us saying yes please. Some of its offerings include:
- Grab your full face snorkel and head to the elusive Anahola Beach Park, where the bay is protected by a reef that houses untold thousands of exotic fish.
- Go kayaking near the resort at Poipu beach and see if you spot whales, dolphins, or maybe even the rare shark!
- Hike into the island for a jungle adventure that is sure to be a twist on your usual outdoor escapades.
- Hang out on the beach and relax with a good book for a chill and comfortable city escape.
Those are our best suggestions for a wintertime vacation getaway! Got any other ideas? Be sure to share this article and let your friends know!