A lost Android smartphone can cause panic and worry, but now with handy tracking apps, finding it is easier. These handy little devices make everyone’s lives easier. Smartphones are easy to take with you anywhere you go, giving you access to your digital media anytime, anywhere.
However, one downside about these highly mobile devices is that they are also easy to lose. This can be stressful especially as these phones can contain valuable data including users’ personal information. Moreover, these devices can cost a whole lot of money.
If you are worried about losing your Android device and you are looking for ways to find it just in case, your best bet is to use a tracking app. Want to know which application is the best? Read on.
What’s the best tracking app for lost Android smartphones?
One of the most popular and reliable find my phone apps is Cerberus. It offers a comprehensive list of anti-theft features such as location tracker, device locking and resetting, as well as sound and visual alerts.
A great function of this app is its automatic front-facing camera capture. With this, your phone automatically takes photos of the thief when they try to unlock your phone. It also lets you record audio using your phone’s built-in microphone.
With all these features combined, this app offers holistic device security just like its namesake from Greek Mythology. It gives you access to information that can help you locate your phone, while also alerting others about the theft.
Another notable feature of this application is that it gives you the exact position of the device on a map. You can also control the functions using the internet or via SMS. You can also keep its icon away from prying eyes, which means that the thief will not even know it’s there.
Aside from phone security, this app also has Personal and Child safety features, covering some of the most important aspects of phone usage.
How to download Cerberus
Cerberus is definitely a useful option when it comes to finding a lost Android device. If you want to install this application on your phone, you just need to follow a few steps.
- You can download this app directly from the Cerberus website. Just navigate to its official site and onto the downloads page. You will be given various options to download. Pick the Antitheft version. You can also get Personal or Child Safety choices.
- Once you are done downloading the installer (.apk), navigate to your Download folder and tap on the app. This will initiate the installation.
- After the installation is finished, you can find the application in the app drawer or home screen.
A brief guide for using Cerberus
- After installing the application, all you need to do is launch it.
- You will be asked to give Cerberus administrative access, which is necessary so that it can wipe your phone if needed.
- You will also be prompted to register your SIM card to prevent thieves from using the device even when they place a new SIM card.
- Other important settings include passwords, dial codes and disguising the app icon.
More options for find my phone apps
If you want to try other find my phone apps, these are the three other apps that work well too.
Find My Device by Google
Android phones are powered by Google, which makes Find My Device a great option for Android users. You just need a Google account and you are good to go. What you must do is to simply set up the feature in the application.
One great thing about this locator is that you can use it with a browser, given that you have set up the target device.
Perfect for families, Life360 offers essentially the same service but with real-time monitoring for target devices. This is a great way for parents to monitor the activities of their children as well.
Being able to locate your target phone on a map is one of the best features of these applications. xfi Locator offers a variety of map types to choose from.
Losing your device is never a good experience for anyone. With a tracking app for Android phones, you can find your device with just a little bit of easy sleuthing from these apps.