The feats in technology today have allowed individuals around the world to access content and information anywhere. However, this has also opened up opportunities for hackers to maliciously obtain information. That is why SonicWall Global VPN Client is a useful tool.
Thankfully, virtual private networks such as the SonicWall Global VPN Client offer users a more secure and protected connection even while using the internet. It also allows individuals access to information limited to other countries by masking their real location.
You think you have secure internet, but it always pays to get a reliable server that assures online security and privacy. To help jumpstart your knowledge on virtual private networks (VPNs), we’re here to tell you more about SonicWall Global VPN Client.
What Is SonicWall Global VPN Client?
SonicWall Global VPN Client is a virtual private network (VPN). Through this software, it allows you to connect to the privately-run server of a VPN service provider via its encrypted connection.
This means the data transferred between the computer being used and the VPN server is being scrambled in the process, ensuring that the data is not visible nor accessible to outsiders.
In essence, the SonicWall Global VPN Client serves as a mask to help secure your data and or location from others by routing your connection to an encrypted tunnel or server.
What It Offers
What makes the Global VPN Client program by SonicWall different is that it provides users with a host of other features.
Apart from its security offering, the program is also easy to use thanks to its streamlined management tools. Through this, users can greatly minimize the support requirements they need.
Moreover, the Global VPN Client program also supports a variety of languages, including English, Simplified Chinese, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese, and Korean.
The user interface immediately detects the language used within the area, although users may also customize this to fit their needs.
In keeping with its claims, the SonicWall Global VPN Client also ensures users that their configurations are safe from possible tampering. Additional user authentication is also provided by the service to give more protection and security.
AES and 3DES encryption and multi-platform client support are also available.
How To Download The Program
Now that you’re familiar with the SonicWall Global VPN Client program, you might be interested in trying this out for yourself. Downloading this easy. All you need to do is follow the steps below.
- Visit mysonicwall.com/muir/freedownloads or simply go to mysonicwall.com. For the latter, you may tap on ‘Downloads’ found on the lower right part of the page.
- Upon clicking on ‘Downloads,’ you will find that the Global VPN Client (GVC) option is the first choice available for download.
- To download the latest version, make sure to expand the link for GVC. Choose from the 32-bit or 64-bit option depending on your current Windows operating system.
- Proceed with the download and save the client file to your computer.
- Go to the download location and run the installer. Wait for the installation to finish.
Using The SonicWall Global VPN Client
After installing the program, you need to launch the software by doing the following.
- Launch the program by going to Start, Programs, and selecting Global VPN Client. You can also run the program by clicking on the shortcut on the desktop.
- When you first launch the program, you will be prompted to create a new VPN connection. Follow the New Connection Wizard using the details provided by the gateway administrator. Make sure to select the “enable this connection when the program is launched option.”
- You can also add a VPN connection by importing a file provided by your gateway admin. You can do this by clicking file and import. Choose the path to the configuration file using the Browse option.
- Establish a connection by enabling your VPN Connection. You can do this in several ways. You can use double click, right-clicking the icon, and selecting Enable, pressing CTRL+B while selecting the icon, clicking the Enable button on the toolbar, or by clicking Enable under the File menu.
- Once you are done, disable the connection.
The Bottom Line
Using a VPN connection is your best form of protection when it comes to internet security and privacy. To fully secure your data and location, make sure to check out this service today!