We often hear Bataan as a place of rich history, brave Filipinos fighting for freedom, and the great battles that transpired in the different regions of the province.
It was quite a surprise when I learned that this place does not only offer an opulent amount of culture but also prides itself with stunning beaches and sanctuaries of nature, both land, and sea.
Playa La Caleta: Bataan’s Hidden Treasure
We were quite fortunate to have visited one of its most wonderful spots, which is Playa La Caleta.
Playa La Caleta, which means “Beach Cove” is an eco-tourism resort found in Morong, Bataan. The whole stretch of 1-kilometer white sand is such splendor to behold, coupled with a lush mountain lush mountain jungle/forest in the middle and 3 waterfalls at the back. To the island’s left, lies a 1-hectare islet, called Miguelito Island.
How to get to Playa La Caleta?
- Take a bus from the Cubao to Balanga via either Bataan Transit or Five Star (Php200)
- From the Balanga Bus Terminal, take a jeep to bring you to the Bagac Public Market (Php50)
- From the Bagac Public Market, take a tricycle to Fajardo’s Beach Resort located in Bagac, Bataan (Php50)
- From the port of Fajardo’s Beach Resort, take a 25-30 minute boat ride to PLC (Php1,800 for 10 persons)
Via Private Vehicle
Option 1: via NLEX
- From Manila, take the North Luzon Expressway (NLEX) and exit at San Fernando (Php157 toll fee)
- Take the westbound side of Jose Abad Santos Avenue (Gapan-Olongapo Road), heading towards the towns of Bacolor, Guagua, and Lubao in Pampanga.
- Upon reaching Dinalupihan, turn left at Roman Superhighway.
- Once in Balanga City, turn right at Gov. J.J. Linao National Road. Drive along the scenic route at the foot of Mt. Samat (where you can see the Dambana ng Kagitingan).
- Continue driving until you see the Philippine-Japan friendship tower.
- From this tower, follow the color blue, metallic, reflectorized signages that point to PLC.
- In between the Kilometer 56 & 57 markers, the same PLC signage will tell you to go down a road on the left side. This will bring you to the port of the Jaime Hilario Integrated La Salle School in Morong, Bataan.
- From the port of La Salle School, take a 10-15 minute boat ride to PLC (Php1,800 for 10 persons)
How are the accommodations at Playa La Caleta?
They have a wide array of accommodations to choose from. Sure there is something that will definitely suit your needs and budget!
- Picnic Tables Day Trip / Overnight 500 / 750
- Camping Tent (1-3 persons) Day Trip / Overnight 500 / tent
- Beach Tent (1-3 persons) Day Trip / Overnight (includes beach mat, tent fly, tent, 2 mattresses, 2 pillows) 750 / 1,000 / set
- Gazebo (1-4 persons) Day Trip / Overnight 1,500 / 2,000
- Cottage (1-6 persons) Day Trip / Overnight 2,000 / 3,000
- Beach Room (1-2 persons) – Day Trip / Overnight 5,000
I particularly love the beach rooms because they have a unique form of art in each. As for ours, we had birds! It is airconditioned, and totally comfortable to sleep in!
All rooms share a public toilet, and this is actually part of the eco-friendly environment the resort is campaigning.
Are there any water activities?
Definitely! They have a lot of water sports here too, and what makes them so unique is that they are promoting tourism by also ensuring that nature won’t be compromised.
Playa La Caleta supports only natural water sports, the ones that do not need machinery or engine functions:
- Stand Up Paddle 350 / hour
- Kayaking 350 / hour
- Slip N Slide Per Person / Per Group (10 persons max) (75-foot slide) 100/30mins / 300/1 hour
- Windsurf Board & Sail Sailboard with Sail 350 / hour
The resort believes that you can enjoy the resort and nature without having to introduce unnatural facilities. And I couldn’t agree more!
I think this is the first resort I’ve ever been in that is so committed to ensuring nature’s preservation.
I got to try kayaking and swimming and I had the best time!
My huge pregnant belly didn’t even pose any limitation for me to fully enjoy the Playa La Caleta experience!
Now you know where to head next for your summer getaway!
Playa La Caleta
Office Address: 802 Antel Building, Julia Vargas Avenue, Ortigas Center, Pasig City, MM, Philippines 1605Email: email@example.com (for all inquiries & bookings)
Business Hours: 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday
Telephone: +632 6379147 to 48 (for urgent matters only)
Cellphone: +639995887220 (Smart) +639567959420 (Globe)
Fax: +632 5763226
About the Author
Via is a travel and lifestyle blogger at Encyclopevia. Encyclopevia is a blogbook written by a mermaid splashing in the human world, b/vlogging about her subjects, such as fashion and beauty that are typically not arranged alphabetically.
Visit her other channels and follow her:
See more about Via at the author section below.
Other Interesting Getaways!
Tondol Beach in Anda, Pangasinan is indeed a paradise!
Manuel Uy Beach Resort, Batangas | Travel Guide | Rates | How to Get There | Itinerary
TALIPANAN BEACH: A Hidden Paradise in Puerto Galera
Talicud Island: Davao’s Best Beach Destination
Via has a strong penchant for shoes too, that’s why she started her own shoe business in 2009, while she was still a student. In 2016, she went on to organize it more by creating her own designs, to which were later on worn by local and international celebrities.
Currently, Via is working as a full-time Blogger, Shoe Designer and Public Speaker conducting training and workshops on Social Media Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, Effective Business Presentations, Blogging, Public Speaking, Business English Communication, and Personality Development.